Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Kinda, Sorta Day

I was exhausted today. I was out with some friends last night, got home late, got up early (on a Saturday!), worked a garage sale with The U, and crashed in the sunshine today.

It was a fun day. I enjoyed the things I did. I had fun with the kids and youth staff. I truly was blessed by a nap in the sunshine. I had a good dinner with my roomie. I read some. I listened to some good music. I had ice cream!

All that being said, days like this make me wonder . . . what did I do for the Kingdom? How does God feel about a "kinda, sorta day"? Because I "kinda, sorta" had a bad attitude about getting up early. I "kinda, sorta" whined about my feet being tired. I "kinda, sorta" did nothing that was all that significant.

Not much else to say. I just had a kinda, sorta day. I don't know how else to describe it. As I write I think today was just one of those days that God gives us along the way. A day to just be. A day to let HIM do the work. A kinda, sorta day when I can rest in Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you wrote about that Dina. It is good to be reminded that it's great to have days like yours! Even something as small as a smile you gave to someone at the garage sale made a difference and you were Jesus to that person in that moment.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kinda sorta day reminds me that it's ok to have those days... it's ok to just "be" :) But your day today was more than kinda sorta. Your small act of kindness turned my morning around. thanks!

    ReplyDelete