Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We're Back!!!!!

Hi blog friends! So sorry for the blog drought over the last few weeks. Our blog team has been quite busy with life.... sometimes blogging has to take a back seat to things like family, new babies, kids' activities, teaching, and just life in general. My family enjoyed some great time together at Disney over Fall Break, and then I jumped right into Upward season in full throttle. But I am so happy to be back and into a semi-normal routine again.

One thing that I noticed when I came back is how much my kids thrive on routine. Overall, they are pretty flexible and can adjust to changes-- but they get cranky and tired. And 5 days with the Big Mouse can do that to all of us! Once we got back into our groove of good bedtimes, eating habits, church, piano practice, and studying, the behavior improved immensely! I did have to tighten the belt, so to speak, to get the kids back into our household expectations and routine, but it's coming along.

It reminds me that I thrive on a spiritual routine as well. If I fall out of my church time, fellowship time, and quiet time, I get cranky and lose focus on God. And sometimes He has to get my attention, get in my face a little, to steer me in the right direction to get back into His presence. I am so thankful to serve a loving and grace-filled God who never leaves me. Hallelujah for that !!!!! Can I get an "Amen" from any of you out there? I know you all can relate.

I hope you all have a great week and find some time to just sit at the feet of our Lord and praise Him for who is.

"My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise His holy name for ever and ever." Psalm 145:21

No comments:

Post a Comment