Tuesday, November 30, 2010

He is Enough

Last week I posted a lot of questions on what it means to be thankful and how we show God that we are thankful. After praying about it and reading the Bible and looking up verses with "thankful" in them, I came to a conclusion: God is worthy of our praise and thankfulness in all circumstances.

Do I just enjoy God because of the blessings He has bestowed upon me? I definitely have a lot of blessings--- a great husband, two wonderful children, good friends, good health, a nice house, a car, plenty of food to eat, a great church family. I love and enjoy those blessings.

Here is the question, though: Could I enjoy God apart from His blessings? What if I lost my entire family? Had to move far away from my friends and church home? Lost my house and car? Suffered an illness? Would I still be faithful to my God and praise Him? Or is my love dependent on His blessings? Would He be enough for me?

I like to think that He would be. I absolutely know that He is all I need. That the one gift He gave me, salvation through His Son, is enough to sustain me. That one blessing is enough- No others needed. That His love is the only thing that matters. I have known people who have demonstrated this through their suffering--yet praised the Lord during their trials. How do we get to that level of faithfulness?

A true relationship with Him, I believe, is the answer. Not just a prayer a day. Or an occasional thank you, or please do this. A continual reliance, a love, a dependence, a giving over our lives to His plan. He is enough.

Enough by Chris Tomlin

All of you is more than enough for all of me, for every thirst and every need. You satisfy me with your love, and all I have in you is more than enough.

You are my supply, my breath of life, and still more awesome than I know. You are my reward worth living for, and still more awesome than I know.

You're my sacrifice of greatest price, and still more awesome than I know. You're the coming King, You are everything, and still more awesome than I know.

More than all I want, More than all I need, You are more than enough for me. More than all I know, more than all I can say,

You are more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment