Thursday, July 9, 2009

Children are a gift from God. Psalms 127

We had a great weekend celebrating the 4th of July, kinda busy with regular things to do and then lots of things with family. Family is one of the most important things to my husband and I. We both grew up in close families, that would be with brothers, sisters, parents, and grandparents then aunts, uncles and cousins, too. Both of our families even came to Epworth Forest for a week in the summer for many years. You'd think maybe we would have met then, for some reason we didn't but I'm not sure why because I know we were there one time the same week. Funnie, isn't it!!

As most of you know, we have four children. They are all in their twenties now which I can't believe. It seems like just yesterday they were little but sadly they grow up way too fast. Altho, when they grow up and get married, you have the privilege of watching your children have their own children. I got to be a granma alot this last week which is such a pleasure except that little Ava was not feeling well part of the time. And as most of you can imagine, I could go on and on about all the cute things she did! Even about how much fun it was to do her laundry and get to fold even her little sockies! I won't... save that for another day!!

As I shared in the day to day of living with a little one around, I got to see her mommy and daddy in their new roles, ones they have adapted to very well. It gives you such a good feeling that maybe you did something right as a parent. But mostly, it made me think about my son learning to be a dad from watching his dad. ( I need to add that Sara is a very good mommy, too!) I watch the other men in that role around me and am so pleased at the importance they all place on the job that is set before them. We read in Psalms 127, 'Children are a gift from God; they are his reward'.

Then I think if we humans are thrilled with things our own children and grandchildren do. If we are quick to forgive and continue to love them, how much more is our Father in heaven happy for us and with us. It amazes me to think that God loves us even more than we could love our husband, our children or our grandchildren. But He does, so much more!! God loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for our sins. He will continue to forgive, and come looking for us when we are lost. He wants us close to Him. We are all His children. He loves us no matter what we've done or where we've been. Isn't that the coolest thing?!! Then He challenges us to do that same thing for others with His help. We can love all others with God loving thru us.


Dear God, How AMAZING is your love! We thank you for our families and friends to love and enjoy. We praise you that you would also love us even more, even more than we can imagine. I pray that we can love others this same way. In your precious name we pray, AMEN

1 comment:

  1. Judy I absolutely love how you are able to tie in daily experiences with ultimately a great lesson. Thanks for that :)
    Filling the shoes of our parents... what a huge challenge!

    ReplyDelete