Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm Way Behind

I wanted to write another post because I was really writing last weeks this week and still didn't get it done on my right day. Sorry about that.



I wanted to talk about another one of the devotion topics that I had for last week when we on our mission trip. One of the parables that Jesus shares is about 'The Wise and Foolish Builders' found in Matthew 7:24-27. "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."



I want to be like the wise man that built his house on 'The Rock'! I need to have Jesus and His words in my heart so that I can put them into practice, so that I know what he wants from me. I believe Georgia and Everett, the couple we helped, had their 'house' built on 'The Rock'! Even tho, the rain came and the streams rose up, and their physical house was damaged, it did not fall completely and they had the faith to see it rebuilt. Their faith was strong enough to know that those 'things' they lost were not what was important. They are able to tell others and show others where their real strength comes from. It comes from 'The Rock'!! I pray we can all have our lives built on the Rock before a major disaster befalls us so that when things go wrong, as they will in this life, our hearts are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment