Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spirit of Power

Hi there! Sorry I am a day late on my post.... I was out '"late" last night with some girlfriends at a swap party. So much fun, and a great idea! Basically, for those of you who may be wondering what a swap party is-each person brings 3-4 items that you don't want anymore (last night it was a purse and jewelry swap), and you come home with the same number of items you came with! So I brought 2 purses that I did not want anymore, and left with a cute bag and a necklace! You can also do it with books, homegoods, whatever!

Anyway, I was tuckered out when I got home, so my post is a day late. I just wanted to encourage you all who are memorizing scripture with us. It is definitely becoming more of a challenge now, isn't it? The other day when I was at the dentist, I was trying to go through all of them in my head-- not an easy task! But keep at it, and you will reap the rewards of the Word!

My verse for the end of this month is from 2 Timothy 1, verse 2:

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

I love this verse and how it reassures me that God did not create me to be a wimp! So many times I get that feeling of fear rising up in me as I approach a hard task or face a challenge. I fiercely dislike change and confrontation, especially. This verse, I know, will be one that I can access to help cut down those feelings of fear and insecurity. God's word is mighty like a sword, and it can strike those negative feelings out of our hearts and minds.

Keep up the good work ladies! Don't get discouraged, don't be timid in your studies! Even if you "fell down" and got behind, get back up and go for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment