Friday, December 11, 2009

BRRR!

I spent a good part of today outside for WSBT's 22 Ways to LIVE UNITED event. It was freezing! So cold, a really good time but did I mention yet that it was cold. I crawled under the covers as soon as I got home and I am still curled up under the blankets trying to get completely warm.

As I drove to South Bend this morning I was thinking about the people that are served by United Way in our community. There are many people this year who aren't able to make ends meet and something can't get paid, sometimes that's the heat bill and sometimes it's buying groceries, and the list goes on. I don't know about you but even with my very strict Dave Ramsey dictated budget, I have EVERYTHING I could possibly need. Sure, like many of us, I want different things but there is really nothing that I need. As I stood outside today I just kept counting down to when I would be able to come home and get all toasty warm.

Some people don't have that release.
Can you imagine?
I can't believe that some people have to live outside during this type of weather. I am praying tonight and thanking God for choosing to bless me with everything I need. And I am praying for those who aren't as fortunate, that they can still feel the presence of God.
Lord,
You know my heart. I thank you and praise you for who you are. And for who I am in you. Bless those in need this day, and especially this Holiday season. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment