Sunday, December 13, 2009

Waking Up

"...there is only one thing God asks of us - that we be men and women of prayer, people who live close to God, people for whom God is everything and for whom God is enough."
Brennan Manning, "The Ragamuffin Gospel"

Have you ever noticed that the more you read about Christ, immerse yourself in daily prayer, and study the Word of God that you catch yourself waking up? This has happened to me several times throughout my 12 year walk with the Lord. Each time it is like I am waking up with an even clearer picture of the ugliness and evil that swarms this world.

I have found myself making time for the Lord every day, INTENTIONALLY making time. Sure this seems like something that one does as a believer and follower of Jesus, but it takes work. Some of my close friends have asked, "why is it so easy all of the sudden?" My answer is that it is necessary.

As the day of rejoicing the coming of Jesus as a man to this earth approaches, I feel the enemy angering and attacking more ferociously than ever before. AND for the first time in my life I am connecting with God daily because I feel it completely, 100% necessary for protection. I find myself needing to be studying, learning, on my face in prayer, and connecting with other believers in order to build myself up in the Lord.

I want to close with a prayer. Paul writes this prayer for Ephesians in Chapter 3. It is my prayer for believers everywhere as we are facing a spiritual battle every day that we walk on this earth. May it strengthen you and remind you that you are not alone in your walk.

14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment