Thursday, May 6, 2010

Joy

Good evening! I'm sitting here, with my windows open, waiting for my hubby to get home and thinking about my day... I'm still stewing on the post I started last week... it's about being busy. But I don't feel ready to share it yet, so instead I want to share with you what I did today-

  • washed one load of diapers (I'm using cloth!)
  • planted 7 pots of impatiens
  • pulled a bazillion weeds
  • walked to church and back
  • took my daughter out to eat at Subway while on our walk
  • did some work for the things I volunteer for at church
  • kept my house somewhat in order
  • kept alive, fed, clean, and hopefully happy, two children
Whew! I feel a bit like superwoman! I'm bragging a little I know, but here's the thing. I often do these things during a day but there is something different. Today, I did them with joy. I did not let Satan get after me about all that I have yet to do or infuse me with an attitude that this is all too much.... AND? It felt wonderful! I didn't crab at my daughter for being ... a toddler. I didn't stress about the floor that still needs vacuumed or the to do list on the counter for tomorrow. I often have days like this but when 8 o'clock rolls around I feel like a big crank. I'm tired and feel overworked.

My attitude plays so much into my day and today I chose joy. I chose to let God be in control and the little things that did go wrong did not dig under my skin like they have in the past. I know I'm not the only one that gets bogged down under her "to-do" list and I'm not the only one who let's little things upset her.

My prayer is that when I wake up tomorrow I will remember this day and remember that I CHOSE joy. And I'm praying that I will ask God to give me the strength to do it again.

Edited to add: It's Friday morning- we all got up late which means not being ready when the little guy I watch got here... it's raining and blah outside and PBS isn't coming in (cartoons for Gracie)- BUT I AM CHOOSING JOY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment