Friday, February 18, 2011

Success

Kristi's post came at the best time... I feel like I'm letting myself get busy. So busy that I didn't even post last week! (I've been reading A Thousand Gifts and I have lots to share but need to put my thoughts together and that hasn't happened yet!)

Staying on the vine... I am running at about 50% with staying on the vine by time with the Lord, memory verses, and some quiet time. BUT I did want to share with you a success story I had! Not one you'd have seen. Some of our struggles are so personal and private that people don't ever see them. But I'd like to share this with you.

I know I've shared on here before about some of my struggles with being confident in who I am in Christ. This past week a bit of that was put to the test. Last week was rough for me. I was getting to a place where I was feeling low, letting words hurt me, and also hurting with my words. The details don't matter as much as the end. I was feeling sorry for myself and getting ready to have a good cry. Honestly, it made me mad! I am so tired of the cycle of feeling good, feeling bad, feeling good, feeling bad... I had a short talk with God that went something like this God, you are the healer. You can heal this situation, and you can heal me. Do your work God and please, do it quickly.

I decided NOT to go my usual feel sorry route. Instead I pulled out something that some of you will remember-
  • God is who he says he is
  • God can do what he says he'll do
  • I am who God says I am
  • I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
  • God's word is alive and active in me.
(from Beth Moore's Bible Study- Believing God)

It WORKED! God is so good. I NEVER thought I would ever get over some of those strongholds that Satan had over me. I have for so long beat myself up when I got to that point. Let myself feel bad, and then I'd add some salt to the wounds with some personal insults. Oh, it felt so good not to flood my heart with hurt. Yes, I did have to repeat it many times and even quite a bit the next day, but my outlook was changed. I am not the warped vision I have of me. I AM who GOD says I am.

There you have it. A personal success story. :) God is good friends.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, thank you for sharing. You are viewed by everyone I know as a young woman who is living life the way it should be lived. You are a loving wife and mother, a good friend, and a servant at church and you're just a nice person! I'm glad to know that you have struggles also. Your words touched me because I have a personal hurt that I take out and mull over several times a week and get myself all worked up. I will try the "I believe" next time that happens.

    ReplyDelete