Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Take a Deep Breath

Busy times at our house.....busy for Dad, Mom, and kids! As I was searching Scripture for my memory verse for the last half of this month, I came across this familiar one in John, one of my favorite books of the Bible.

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

You know when passages literally jump off of the page at you? Well, this one hit me right between the eyes. What a great reminder that I need to stay centered in Christ in all of my busyness. None of the efforts I make will bear fruit for the kingdom of God if I try to go it alone.

It is so easy, isn't it, to rely on our own actions, thoughts, plans-- and leave God on the outskirts of it all. Where does that plan put me? Ready to go off of the edge! You know the feelings ... anxiety, stress, frustration.

However, when God stays at the center of my world, I stay centered... emotionally, physically, spiritually. I am a better wife, mother, and friend when I remain in Him, and not on my own.

How do you remain part of the vine? Stay connected with God throughout your busy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment