Monday, April 26, 2010

Guest Post

I have a treat for you ladies! Our friend Kelsey, is guest posting today about hearing Beth Moore speak about the book we've been talking about! Enjoy. :)

“So Long Unbeliefs”

Well, here I am a first time blogger. I am nervous, anxious, worried that I am going to spell a word wrong or say something that makes no sense. What if someone reading this laughs at what I type? What if I type something that someone else doesn’t get or agree with. Now I have myself laughing at what I am typing.

STOP IT! Stop being insecure, knock it off. I struggle with being insecure every single day. (Does anyone out there know what I am saying?) So when a girlfriend of mine told me about a Beth Moore seminar on her book, “So Long Insecurities” I knew I could not pass up the chance to hear what Beth Moore herself had to say. And let me tell you something, I could listen to Beth Moore speak all day, every day. I wish it was her voice in my head instead of mine sometimes.

While sitting there listening to her and doubting that she could really say something that would impact me, make me a more secure person, her words started hitting me upside the head. At one point I thought I was the only one in the room. Oh my goodness, Beth Moore is talking directly to me. I can’t believe this. Then back to reality I remember that she is actually talking to around 300,000 women. Think about that for a moment. 300,000 is a good size city and just think if all the women in the world who wanted to hear her speak or need to hear her speak could have been listening to her. It is sad that this world has come to the point that this many women need to hear a lecture on insecurities.

How do we, as Christian women, change this? We start with ourselves. If we can not get our own insecurities under control, how do we expect our daughters and younger generations to be any different? Beth had so many great points on Saturday and I wish I could share them all but I don’t think any of you would actually want to read 3 hours of my notes on what Beth had to say. But here are some thoughts that really stuck with me.

  • You have nothing to gain from your insecurities, NOTHING. The next time you are being insecure, ask yourself that very question. “What am I, or anyone around me, gaining from me being this way?”
  • Insecurity is not a weakness, it is an unbelief. When we are being insecure, isn’t what we are really doing is doubting God?
  • If you are going to walk around this world with purpose and confidence it will be because you want and intend to. It will not just happen. You have to make the decision in your minds to be secure, strong women of God, and then follow through with your feet. You can not wait to feel secure, you have to choose to be secure in your own mind.
  • Women do not become secure on accident.

The last thought I want to leave you with is this…

People who deeply believe they are graced will grace others. Ladies, lets be the exceptions out there is this falling world. Lets walk in our faith and belief in Jesus Christ, which means putting our insecurities (all of them) in the trash and moving on with pride in who God made us to be. We can tell our daughters and other ladies in our lives to love who they are but if we do not love ourselves, flaws and all, how will they ever really learn.

YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, JUST AS GOD CREATED YOU!

“She is called with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of the household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also; and he praises her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Proverbs 31:25-31

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey- I am so glad you wrote about hearing Beth speak about "SLI". I wish every woman would read this book. I gained so much from reading it and then writing about it. God does NOT want us to live in unbelief and insecurity! thanks for sharing! It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I attending the simulcast too and was richly blessed. I went b/c I know God uses Beth Moore...not b/c I felt like I constantly struggle with insecurity. But God used Beth to bring to light some areas of my life that are the result of insecurity ... like loving others without needing them to love us in return! I just ordered the book from CBD and can't wait to dig into it.

    ReplyDelete