Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rocky Road (not the ice cream flavor)

Yes, I'm still reading this book.
No, I have not given up on it.
Yes, I feel like I am finally getting to the root of my insecurity.
No, I am not completely rid of them.

But I am learning a TON! I have read through Chapter 9 of So Long Insecurity and am happy that I have pushed through this rocky-road journey.

I just spent an hour in my back yard with my puppy, my book, and Jesus. Let me tell you that God knew what he was doing when he created the weather for today. It was refreshing and quiet and relaxing and needed. I read through an amazing prayer of revelations, confessions, and truths. I learned that I still blame a relationship for my struggles. I was reminded (for the millionth time) that I am God's and God's alone. I revisited who I am in Christ and who He is to me.

"You are my security, O God. You are the one sure thing. When everything around me shakes, You are unshakable."

This is the truth that I am clinging to right now as I continue this journey of healing. My security, my refuge, my life is in the hands of the ONE who made me. Praise God for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment