Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hurts.....

I had a great week. It was busy and full of travel, cleaning, packing, feeding, bathing, diapering... you get the idea. But it was great. In the midst of the great though.. two things... I spent time with a friend who lost his wife of close to 50 years a few weeks back. I also checked in on a blog I read about a family who had a baby 2 weeks before I did and were going through a tough time as their little guy was born with a congenital heart defect. He died on Wednesday.

So, so much sadness... The first friend- he's so hurt right now and is having such a hard time picking himself up. He sees his sweet wife everywhere. He misses her so. My internet friend is just as heartbroken. She doesn't know how she'll go on. She sees all the places her little guy will never be.

I held Graham a little longer as I nursed him to sleep that night. I kissed Gracie a few more times and I snuggled up to Shane's back a little tighter when I got back to bed. In the blink of an eye, things can change. It's so very hard in times like that to see God's plan. I kept thinking of the song.. "he gives and takes away... he gives and takes away, but my heart will chose to say, blessed be His name" This man who lost his partner, this mama who lost her baby... it's too hard to take... too sad, but in this midst of all this, I'm encouraged. God is still God and He's still on the throne and He's still good. I'm going to quote from this mama's blog...
____
I know that God's love runs deep. I know that He will give me strength. I know that He grieves right along with my broken heart. I know this is all part of his plan for our lives. But I can't FEEL it. I can't feel much of anything except for this unbearable, unspeakable pain.

Please God, give me strength. I have none left.
______
While tears fill my eyes for her pain, I'm so grateful that she knows that her God WILL see this mama through this. When she feels that she can't even breath, each breath will be led by him, When the husband doesn't think he can get out of bed because she's not beside him, God will give him the strength.

We all have a story. Each one has ups and downs, happys and sads.... But praise God that he's in each one and that he walks with us, cries with us, laughs with us... He IS our King.

Be encouraged friends.

Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in My name...Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

John 16:22-24



1 comment:

  1. Oh how I needed this tonight. Thank you for sharing and encouraging! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete