Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Quiet Time Plans Foiled

Hi everyone! I just had to pop on and share something funny that has happened to me. Last week on my blog post you may remember me complaining about needing an extra hour in the day for some quiet time with God. Well, I decided to be obedient to God's calling and MAKE some extra time in my day. Instead of sleeping those extra minutes, my new wake up time Monday morning was 6:15. Plan was set, ready to go. So I get up, shower to wake myself up, and sit down at about 6:40 for about 15 minutes of focused prayer time before breakfast. But what is that, you say? Two little pairs of feet running up the stairs? Okay, so much for quiet time. Back to the drawing board.

I thought, okay, I will get up at 6:00. So today, alarm goes off at 6, husband and I stumble into the bathroom, he gets on the treadmill, I hop in the shower. As I am walking to the table with my bible in hand at 6:30, what appears in front of me? A huddled mass in blue blanket. aka my 9 year old son. So a new rule was formed in my house: No kids upstairs until 6:45!!! I am determined to have 15 minutes of prayer time to get my day started in the right way.

I will keep you updated on my progress. I know as the winter months come upon us, it will be more and more tempting to stay snuggled under the warm covers. But I am choosing to obey my God, and He will reward me. I can't wait to see the fruits!!

1 comment:

  1. good job! So proud of you. God will definitely bless your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete