Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chapters 1 & 2

Ok.. we're loving this book ladies ( and by loving I mean, it's well written, challenging, and thought provoking!) Is anyone going on this journey with us?

Here is one of Beth Moore's questions from these first few chapers.

When was the last time you came face-to-face with our gender’s massive struggle with insecurity? Describe the setting.

I think that this has been a long time struggle for me- being secure so it's hard to think of just "one" time. I'm certain this wasn't the last time but here is a good one that sticks out.

When Shane and I were dating he took me to meet his friends. I was nervous first of all just to meet them but I soon realized that my insecurities were going to be out in full force (ok at the time, I'm sure I was just panicking but now I can look back and think of the insecurities) His friends are great and I've so enjoyed getting to know them but that first meeting (and some others after that too!) all I could think about was how pretty the girls were, how skinny they were, how their clothes were awesome and their houses amazing. They drove fabulous cars and had great jobs and cute kids. I felt like country bumpkin coming to the big city! If this isn't a hundred insecurities all wrapped up in one I don't know what is!

I know I said it before but we all struggle with this in one form or another. Come on admit it you do too! Maybe some of us have overcome these (I'm not so self conscious around them and I've learned that they are just gals like me- in face they have their own insecurities I bet!)

Here's the thing that got me from these first few chapters. We all know that we have these struggles but have you thought of this? Jesus Christ has "chosen you and has appointed you to accomplish something good. Something that matters. Something prepared for you before time began (Ephesians 2:10) Something meant to have a serous impact within your sphere of influence."

Wow! I love thinking about the specific, special job that God has picked out just for me. And then in the very next breath I feel so sad at the thought that I'm not doing what he's made for me just because I'm insecure! I want to be used of God. I want him to smile and feel pride when he thinks of me and knows that I'm on the path He's chosen for me. And I want that for you too ladies. Let's get rid of this awful unwanted guest in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment