Monday, December 6, 2010

Time Away

I'm back.....for now :)

I had to take some time away from the routine. I was getting so wrapped up in "doing" that my heart really wasn't into much of anything; teaching, studying, praying, blogging, etc. When I get that way I am so easily drained and exhausted.

So, I took some time away from some things. I didn't want to DO things because it was there. I wanted to invest in the things I was doing, with my heart and passions behind them. I blame our women's Bible study, in a good way.

As we were studying the life of David, it was brought to my attention that I was not giving God my best. That then lead me to realize that because I wasn't giving God my best, nothing else was getting my best either. I had lost focus. I was going into my day in an exhausted rush of "do this, do that, have to get this done" rather than realizing that each day is a gift for God!

I started getting up 30-45 minutes earlier and having quiet time. Some mornings I would read my Bible, some mornings I dig into a chunk of scripture, some mornings I just lay still on the couch with my dog, some mornings I just spend time in my home. Amazing what being quiet can do for a person. I have been starting my day out quiet and reflective and seeking God and being grateful for a new day.

It is refreshing. And God is leading me in new directions, but that is for a different post.

If you find yourself stuck in the "doing" phase of life, take some time away. Praying for you friends!

1 comment:

  1. yay! I was so glad to see your post! The Bible Study (and You!) also caused me to do my quiet time in the morning, instead of at night when I had little left in me. It has made a huge difference in my outlook-- even if it's just a few minutes where I read a verse of Scripture and start my day with prayer. :)Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete