Sunday, February 28, 2010

Living the the LIGHT

Upward ends officially today. We have our closing celebration today. I'm a little sad about it too.

I have had more fun this year than I thought was possible. I have worked with 5 boys, with the help of Nick (a sr. high student from church), and had the time of my life. I was a little concerned about coaching 4-5th grade this year. My 5th graders at school are somewhat draining and I was wondering how I would manage 2 extra hours, outside of school, with the same age group.

So I prayed.

God definitely answered. I looked forward to Thursday night practices and Saturday games. I loved seeing the boys and watching them play, learn, have fun, and share their hearts for Jesus.

My favorite aspect of Upward is team devotions. Every night at practice we would break to dig into the word and learn about Jesus. This year we learned about him being light. The curriculum really drove home the fact that Jesus is light and we need to live in the light. It pushed the kids to be conscious of how they are living their lives...in the light, or in the darkness.

I don't know if the boys took the devotions to heart. I don't know if they grasped all that was being taught. I don't know if they truly understand what it means to have a personal relationship with Christ.

What I do know is the God spoke to me and through me. God used this ministry to reach into my heart and fuel the passion that he has place there for kids. God taught me that I haven't been living in the light like I should.

precious Jesus,
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you during this season of Upward. Thank you for 5 amazing boys who probably taught me more than I taught them. Thank you for giving me a fresh breath of you and seeping your love into my life. You have such awesome and mysterious ways. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment