Monday, June 14, 2010

A little of This and That

Whew! I am back for a week, and then gone again. Summer, where are you going? I guess this is how it goes when your kids get older and involved in lots of activities. This week is dance rehearsals, dance recital, golf camp, tennis lesson, karate, piano, and off to camp for Alex for five days!! (that is a whole other blog post--sending your firstborn off to sleepover camp for the first time!) Then off to vacation with my entire family! Then it is July, yikes!

I love being busy and involved in lots of stuff, but I also like to just relax and enjoy time as a family. It is definitely a struggle to find that balance. Busy enough to stay out of trouble, but not so busy the kids do not have down time just to play and be kids.....

Also, to remember to put God first in worship, prayer and devotion time. I know how I get, especially during the summer, so I deliberately set up a Bible Study to do to keep me on the right path with my Lord! My friend and co-blogger Shannon H. shares my same issues, so we organized a summer Bible study by Kelly Minter entitled "Ruth: Loss, Love and Legacy". We did her study called "No Other Gods" last summer and it was so much fun. It is called the Living Room Series and she writes in the perspective of chatting with her girlfriends in her living room, sharing good food and good music, along with studying the Word. I can't wait to start!

I pulled out some of my memory verse notecards the other day and this is the one that has been sitting open for the last few weeks. I feel it is very appropriate given my tendency to fill my time with "busyness".

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge." Isaiah 33:6

I love that verse because it reminds me the He is the source of all the good things in my life. All of those other activities are great, but my life is nothing without Him. He is it!!! Without that solid foundation, life can crumble so easily around us if the going gets tough. I thank the Lord for that reminder in Isaiah.

I hope you all are having a fantastic summer, and pray that you have a way to stay grounded in the love of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment