Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Travel to the 'Rainforest' with us!!!

Well, again it has been a few weeks since I have posted anything. I had started reading the Beth Moore book and it was saying so much to me. I would hear a song on the radio while I was driving which would remind me of what I had read. Then I would write something in my head, If I'd just had a secretary riding along with me!! I put the book down and have not finished it as of yet so maybe some day I'll get back to it and have something to post about my insecurities. The reason I was so busy - our youngest daughter got married. It was a wonderful celebration of two families! Thank you to so many that shared the day with us! It made for a busy month of May.


Now that May is over, school will be out in just a few days and we are gearing up for the summer. Like Kristi posted, the Wilson's also had a great Memorial wkend at the lake. As usual, I have big plans for the summer to get my house organized and have a money making yard sale!! That actually never happens but I always hope.

Also once again we are beginning plans for Summer VBS at our church. We are using Gospel Light's Rainforest material. It sounds like great fun, as usual! I have volunteered to organize the decorations and the crafts. (could use some help if anybody wants to be involved) We will be transforming the church into a 'rainforest' for the week. We will make some trees, vines, water falls, a rainforest canapy with all the rainforest animals, etc all over the church. Hopefully, we will be able to come up with an idea to somehow make a rope bridge somewhere. It will be even better if the kids can walk on it. There are so many cool ideas!!

Then the crafts are just as exciting! We will be making dragonfly and toucan wind chimes, stuffed capuchin monkeys, and rain sticks, just to name a few! I think the kids will have fun while learning about a different Parable of Jesus each day. Hopefully, they will be challenged to learn more about God's amazing love, praying to him, and depending on Him. As adult leaders we have such an awesome opportunity to have fun right along with them and relearn some of the same things. I love VBS!

Consider joining us for one day or all five days...I'm sure you could find something to do. Or maybe you know some kids that need to sign up to come or youth that could help, too! If nothing else, pray for us as we prepare, pray for the children that will come, and for the missions that we will be working for. It's always so cool to see how it all works out. Which is how God works if we are willing to put in our time. I think one of the other important things is that we need to pray that we are doing what God wants us to do. Things will usually work out better than we thought and we plant seeds that we don't know anything about. So pray for the VBS and/or come be a part of it.

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all you heart, as working for the LORD, not for men.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the post!!! Loved it. We are all excited about VBS at our house too.

    ReplyDelete