Friday, June 25, 2010

Love

Love is hard sometimes isn't it?

I think it can be. Yes, it can be so great. It is the best thing ever... but man can it also be hard! I spent the day with a dear friend who is working on loving. Loving herself and loving others. We spent a lot of time talking, laughing, and even crying a bit. I shared my joys and struggles and most importantly I wanted her to know that God is our best example of love. He is constantly forgiving and full of grace. She knows that I am confident. I am so proud of her right now and for her hunger for God. It's exciting and encouraging.

Why am I sharing this with you? Because I am guessing that someone out there needs to know that they are loved. Or someone out there is struggling with a relationship- how to love in the right way. It's work. It gives the best results but it is work for sure. God gave us hearts to love others and with that also comes some pain but in the end I'd take that any day over never having my life overflowing with friends, family and joy.

I had quite a long "to do" list today. I accomplished some of my list, but more importantly I spent the day with a dear friend and was able to listen to her heart (what a privilege!) and walk with her on her amazing journey. That beats folding laundry my friends. For sure.

I'm praying for you right now, that you have someone you can talk to... that you have a friend whom you can turn to and tell your struggles. God didn't make us to be alone and he made us to love. I'm so grateful for that!

Forgive my rambling.... my heart is full tonight and I wanted to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment