Monday, July 12, 2010

Where's My Routine?

I am such a routine-oriented person! It is probably the toughest part of summer for me (being that I am a teacher and have the summer "off"). I like having more freedom to do stuff, but I miss my routine. It is rather sporadic in the summer. There are a few things that are routine: Monday and Wednesday I work for my dad, Monday afternoon I lead a girls' Bible study, Tuesday morning I meet for breakfast with a former youth, Wednesday morning I have women's Bible study. Those are the routine things for me.

I noticed this morning, as I checked Facebook and updated my status, that I also try to make a daily nap part of my routine. I love naps, thus I squeeze them in wherever I can. I also know that I make time every day to see the guy I am dating. Also I am trying to fit in prep for my Bible studies, reading time, school work (which has yet to happen), and sun time.

This morning I realized something. Do you see what is missing from my routine? It can creep right past me, but you may have caught it.....

QUIET TIME

Where is the world is it? Oh I spend time in the Word, for Bible study. I meet with peeps and talk about God and what he is doing in my life. But, I struggle to take time to be STILL. I don't make one-on-one time with God part of my routine. If you ask me, how does this happen? How does a routine person not make time alone with God part of that routine? Why is God the last thing on the list?

What am I going to do about this you ask? First, I get mad at myself for not making quiet time the first thing on my "to do" list. Second, I go completely on hold with God. Finally, I come crawling to him, desperate for HIM!

However, this time will be different. This time I am going to go directly to HIM! I am going to begin putting God in my routine, just me and HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment