Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Surprise!!!

Our family had an unexpected addition to it last week. Our rabbit, Ella, had babies! You might ask how we did not know she was expecting; well, that is a story too long for this post, but regardless, we found out she was pregnant on Monday, and she had the babies that night.

Let's just say the kids were thrilled, I was shocked, and my husband was dismayed. We already have a dog, a cat, a rabbit, and a goldfish. I love animals, but we have more than enough time and energy spent in pet care. So to find out that more were on the way put a little wrench in my week. A very busy week. A week of VBS and working on Upward. Not taking care of baby bunnies.

I thought, "God, please let the litter be small. Like, just a few. Not 6 or 8. " Then I started worrying about finding them homes. "God, could you just put it in the hearts of a few special people to adopt the bunnies. I want them to find good homes and not have to sell them to the pet store." And on and on it went.

I know God had a lesson in all of this for me. I am still not sure what it is. Maybe patience? Maybe taking an unexpected "surprise" and turning it into a learning experience for my kids? Maybe blessing someone with the love of a good pet.

Whatever the case, in whatever the "surprise" situation we may be in, God can make good come from it. We just have to be open to his teaching, and then his blessing.

By the way, Ella had five babies (three healthy, two did not make it). She is a great mom and is taking care of her babies. They are a week old and just starting to open their eyes. So adorable!

Proud Mom




Babies at one week


No comments:

Post a Comment