Thursday, January 20, 2011

How perfectly fitting

Spaghetti noodles all over the floor.
Dust bunnies under the bar stools
A teacup, a stuffed puppy, a sock, pacifier, and some forgotten cheerios across the living room

The sound of the dryer humming, a snap or button hitting the side over and over
Three piles sitting in baskets to be folded

Last nights dishes waiting to be squeezed into the dishwasher
Cookie cutters needing rinsed
The last three days mail sitting in a pile
Abandoned coats and gloves by the door

This is my house right now. I'm getting ready to do a mad rush of cleaning while the littles sleep and before my hubby gets back from his trip. I was feeling a bit down about all that there is to do but then I read this. If you have not gone to Kristi's link and read Ann Voskamp A Holy Experience, please do. I needed this today. After reading this, I'm so glad He has honored me this gift of my life. To take care of my babies and my husband. No need to feel sorry for myself. Thank you Lord!

“To lift up the hands in prayer gives God glory,
but a man with a dungfork in his hand,
a woman with a slop pail,
give Him glory
too.

God is so great that all things give Him glory if you mean that they should.”

~Ignatius Loyola

1 comment:

  1. "I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby."
    ~Nancie J. Carmody

    ReplyDelete