Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ever-Changing

I recently read an article in Relevant Magazine called "A Vanishing God" (click to read full article on page 40).

I found this quote interesting "You cannot cling to the Christ you know today. He will vanish from your midst. Jesus Christ is an elusive Lover. Seeking Him is a progressive engagement that never ends. He doesn't dance to our music. He doesn't sing to our tune."

I don't know about you, but I am grateful that God doesn't allow me to be stagnant in my faith. It almost seems that when I get a grasp on God, He moves. He causes me to dig deeper, to take another step of faith, to make a change in me. He teaches me more. He opens my eyes in new ways to familiar scripture, allowing me to see more of Him.

I was recently reading in Isaiah 55 and found the above writer's statement to be so true in verses 6 and 8-9, respectively.

"Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near."

"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'"

We cannot claim to have grasped God because He cannot be grasped, entirely. Yes, we get glimpses of God and his splendor and majesty. He allows us to see what He deems we can handle. But, we cannot put God in a box or bag or purse or pocket and tote him around. Our God cannot be contained!

I'm challenging myself (and you, reader) to seek God out. And when it seems He has left you, seek Him MORE! I guarantee God has more to be found.


No comments:

Post a Comment