Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top 10 Things I Learned Over Christmas Break

It has been a busy start to the new year and getting used to the routine again..... well, you know how that goes! So I thought I would do a funny recap of some memorable moments over our break. Enjoy!

Top 10 Things I Learned Over Christmas Break

10. It IS physically possible for three girls age 7 and under to spread out every single, tiny Polly Pocket shoe, Princess crown, Barbie silverware, littlest pet shop accessory etc all over the play room floor to create a sort of "girl -toy carpet". Nice on the bare feet and the vacuum.

9. Immediately throw away all cookie sprinkles in the form of a small sphere. You will never find them all after your daughter spills half a jar on your wood floor, and will continue to step on them for years.

8. You can make several good meals out of hot chocolate, leftover ham, fruit from a gift basket, and cookies.

7. Even though there is no reason to get up at 6:30, my children will still get up at 6:30. They might even proceed to play their electronic keyboard quite loudly until you roll out of bed to make breakfast.

6. It is possible to sled down hills with almost no snow, and tying a rope with a sled to your brother-in-law while he ice skates is great fun for the kids, and a good workout for said brother-in-law.

5. Never give free reign of the candles at the Christmas Eve candlelight service to your 9 year old son. It will quickly end up being a light saber instead of a candle and will be used to taunt 6 year old sister.

4. My husband should have been an engineer because he put together a six-foot-tall marble maze without directions. And he and my son lived to tell about it. Barely.

3. Letting the kids stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve sounds like a great idea until you actually experience it, and the aftermath.

2. Playing Just Dance Kids on the Wii is a legitimate form of exercise for me. If I can get through "Everybody Dance Now" without keeling over, I am making progress.

And the number 1 thing I learned over Christmas break:

Hanging out the with kids, the husband, and family and friends is the best way to spend it. I am so thankful for the people God has placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment