Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Looking for a Book?

I am always in search of a good read. So when I found out that the author of one of the blogs I read just released a book, and another author of another blog I read is doing a book study of this book, I was so excited!


The title of the book is A Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. I have been reading her blog, and her posts on a blog called (In) Courage, for awhile now, and she is a beautiful writer. The way that she puts words together to create an image in your mind is amazing. I can't wait to read it!

So if you are ready for a challenge, will you join me in reading this book? I will be posting my thoughts on it starting in a few weeks. Also, if you head over to here, they will also be having video chats with Ann herself starting Feb. 6th!!! I can't wait!

This week only, Dayspring, which is the sponsor of In(Courage), is selling the book for $10. So go here.

( I think I am starting to sound a little like a bossy advertisement, don't you? Ha!!!)

I think it would be fun to do a little online book chat, don't you? I know you will LOVE this book, and I know it will very thought-provoking and worthy of a little discussion! If you could comment on this post if you are reading this book with me (and Shannon, I think!), that would be fabulous.

Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I follow Jess and Angie's book club, too (Because Shannon referred me to Angie's personal blog!) and I'm excited to get my book and start reading this, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be ordering it. The reviews on Amazon were excellent.

    ReplyDelete