Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Desire

I've spent the past few weeks truly seeking out God every day. Some days, it is so hard to "feel" a connection or "feel" Him working. Tonight as I was working on my homework for our women's Bible study, I was listening to Jeremy Camp. My favorite song came on, My Desire. I want to share the lyrics with you all because it is my heart right now. I encourage you to listen to it if you've never heard it before.

My Desire
by: Jeremy Camp
You want to be real
You want to be empty inside
You want to be someone
laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the King
You want to be whole
You want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue
and purify your mind
You want to be set free today
then lay it all down before the King

Chorus:
This is my desire
This is my return
This is my desire
to be used by you
You want to be real
You want to be emptied inside
And I know my heart
is to feel you near
And I know my life
It's to do your will
It's to do your will
(Chorus)
All my life I have seen
where you've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped
and there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do
to repay all you'vedone
so I give my hands to use
(Chorus)
Precious Jesus, it is my desire to be used BY you, FOR you, in whatever way YOU choose for me. Lord, continue to mold me and make me into the woman you want me to be. It is truly my heart's desire. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment