Friday, October 23, 2009

My Rock...

My desk quote thingy mabob had a great quote on it today.

It's a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally.
It gives us some sense of what is rock under our feet, and what is sand.
Madeleine L'Engle
I feel like I could list many times in the last year that everything was pulled out from underneath me. And unfortunately when I am being honest with myself...they will be many times again on this earth. But today, I am thankful that when any and everything else is pulled away or out from underneath me, I still have something to stand on. That something is the Creator of this world, of me, and the Author of my life.

I want to live a life that praises His name and gives me the confidence to know that when all is stripped away...He still remains.

Let God be exalted,
The Rock of my salvation!
2 Samuel 22:47

No comments:

Post a Comment