Sunday, September 12, 2010

Needing Church

I went to church for the first time in 3 weeks. I missed one weekend hangin with my family and I missed last weekend because I went to a car show. At the time I didn't think it was any big deal, but it was.

I don't know about you all, but when I miss church my weeks don't seem to go just right. I am emotional and can get crabby and find myself trying to fill a void with stuff. And at the moment that I am missing church I don't ever think it will be that big of a deal to miss.....but I am always proven wrong.

Today was refreshing. It was a reminder of the need that I have for fellowship and community worship and hearing the Word preached. And it was sooooooooooo good. I am fired up. I am excited to open my Bible. I am reminded of the need for God in my every day (and He was kinda put on the backburner, not totally out of mind, but back of the mind). And I am filled with joy.

Yeah, I was needing church. I missed it. I'm so glad I went. And I'm already excited for next Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment