Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Some funnie stories.....

First of all, I was having a hard time thinking about something to blog about. I wanted to blog this week for sure. My husband said to blog that I was not able to think of anything, that I've been working all week, and I'm also trying to get stuff around for the mission trip, and that I would 'blog' you later, kinda like 'see' you later. Sorry about that.

Anyway, something did come to me finally, that I hope you will enjoy. Like I said I've been getting things 'round for the ladies mission trip. I try to have a theme and have bible verses to go along with it and figure out some fun things, too. So I had gotten lots of christian stories and quotes off the internet. Some of them are neat so I thought I would put a couple on the blog.

First one...a grandfather overheard his granddaughter repeating the alphabet in reverent, hushed tones.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm praying, grandpa," she said. "I can't think of the right words, so I just say all the letters. God will put them together for me, 'cause He knows what I'm thinking."

Second.....Johnny had been misbehaving and was sent to his room. After a while he emerged and informed his mother that he had thought it over and then said a prayer. "Fine," said the pleased mother. "If you ask God to help you not misbehave, He will help you."

"Oh, I didn't ask Him to help me not misbehave," said Johnny. "I asked Him to help you put up with me."

And last.....Many believers don't see the importance of regular church attendance. Members of Northend Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Seattle received a special announcement in the mail, listing the many things that will be done for them at church on the following "no-excuse-to-stay-home-Sunday."

According to the pastor, cots will be available for those who say Sunday is their only day to sleep in. Eye drops will be supplied for those who have red eyes from watching late Saturday night TV shows. There will be steel helmets for those who say the roof would cave in if they ever went to church, blankets for persons who think the church is too cold, fans for those who say it is too hot, scorecards for those wishing to list all the hypocrites present, TV dinners for those who can't go to to church and also cook dinner. Finally, the sanctuary would be decorated with Christmas poinsettias and Easter lillies for those who have never seen the church without them.

Hope you had a little chuckle. Have a great week and remember god loves a 'cheerful giver'!

Dear God, I thank you for the people in our lives that make it worth living - people that help us to see your joy and love then help us to pass it on. Help us all to be a cheerful giver. In your precious name we pray. AMEN.

1 comment: