Friday, May 8, 2009

SUPRISE!!!

Who doesn't love a surprise?!

I know that they are one of my favorite things!
**My family, friends, and boyfriend (Mike) surprised me for my 25th birthday.

**Mike also surprised me with tickets to the Reba and Kelly Clarkson concert last fall.

**My parents and friends threw me a surprise party when I was leaving my position at church.

But do you know what I love more than getting surprised? It's giving surprises!

I love the feeling of knowing that a person will be anxious, excited and then so happy because of the surprise that I have planned. I like spending time thinking about what that special someone will love! Thinking about their likes and dislikes, and even trying to anticipate what they will enjoy. When I do this, for the most part, I think of nothing except that person....and after it is all planned, I am bursting to tell someone, anyone (even sometimes the suprisee) about my plans.

I think this is what God was experiencing when he spoke the words in Jeremiah 29:11:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

This is one of my favorite parts of scripture but it wasn't until this week that I thought of it with such excitement. Before I thought it was just a promise, that God would be good to me! Which is amazing but now I think of this promise with much more of an edge. God probably gets so much more excited when He is about to reveal a surprise to me, He watches and waits for His plan to fall into place so that He can see me experiencing all of the blessings He knows are coming my way!

Now I know that each new day is a blessing. I just wish that I could start each day with this excitement. I know that He approaches each new day with excitement for me.

Heavenly Father - I praise you for the simple blessings of each new day. I thank you for thinking of me throughout each breath of my life and even long before that. I am in awe of the consistency you have in supplying me with what I need. I want all the surprises that you have in store for me. I am recognizing in this moment that nothing comes as a surprise to you, what an awesome God you are! I love you! And I thank you and praise you for loving me first! Ahmen

2 comments:

  1. I got goose bumps of excitement as I read this thinking, "I wonder what MY surprise will be from God?!" hahaha...I love surprises too and I love that verse in Jeremiah. Thanks for the new way to look at it. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea--- God being SO excited about our surprises to come. I love that thought! This is my all time favorite verse anyway... now I have a new way to think of it!

    ReplyDelete