Friday, May 15, 2009

This week I've been thinking about children quite abit - partly because it was Mother's Day, (I got the cutest Granma Mother's Day card from my granddaughter!! It made me cry!!) partly because I'd been reading on a couple blogs about a few gals that had gone to India with Compassion International (these really made me cry) , partly because of the last few postings on our blog, and because of a few things I'm working on myself.


Kristi had concern about her children and as women, many of us mothers, we probably have been there ourselves worrying about our own children or others we come in contact with. We are so lucky to have a God who in the business of loving children - ALL children!! Let me tell you I have hung on to God's promises for my children many times over the years and still do even tho they are grown. What do people do that don't have God to lean on or pray to about their children?


I was visiting my mom last Sunday (the mother of 8 children, with 19 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild!!!) and had given her a little devotional book which I had written in the front cover. It made me cry as she read it, when I wrote it and I'm even getting teary eyed now as I remember. (boy, do I cry alot!!) I had thanked her for teaching me by example, to teach my children the importance of having faith in God. She even said then that she wondered if she could have done more or should have done some things different to do a better job. I know she did her best and I tried to do my best as we all do, all the while depending on God to take what we do and use that to work His plan!! (Jeremiah 29:11)

We have to remember that God also has a plan for our lives. We are one of God's children. No matter where you are in your life - a student, a young adult just starting out in the working world and living on your own, a young mother with young children, an older mother with older children, an empty nester, a granma of one or of many, some of us work full time out of the home as well as in the home, some work part time... God meets you where you are. He can help you to be the best you can be at whatever it is you do and do it with the right attitude. He has this unbelievable love that can help you to conquer anything. You can rely on that love, it can fill you up so that you can be used by God - so that all we do is for God. We do whatever so much better because we are doing it for God even our everyday things.

I heard Beth Moore say in her Loving Well study that God is like a well that we need to draw from every day. (hense the importance of daily Bible study and spending time with God!) We need to dip into that well to be filled up with His love so that we can pour it out, maybe it will even spill out because we are so full of His love. This love can help us to do things we don't think we ever could or to do the very mundane or thankless things with the best of attitudes. It can help us to love all of His children, the lovely, the testy, the stranger, and even, our foes.

He calls us to do all of this because we love Him and want to serve Him. That love will help us!! So wherever you find yourself, remember to dip into God's loving well each day so that you can depend on and share God's love.

Ephesians 3:16-21 " I pray that out of His glorius riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment