Monday, September 21, 2009

A Happy/Sad Day for Mommy

My baby girl is five years old today.... a whole hand's worth of years I have had with her. I can hardly believe that this is her last year of preschool and off to kindergarten she will go. As a mom, a part of me mourns the death of this part of my life. You know, the baby part. The taking care of their every need and being home with them all day and sharing every meal together and wiping bottoms and mouths ... just the dependence they have on you as their mother. I am sure many of you can relate to these feelings I am starting to have. No longer do I have any toddlers or babies in the house! My daughter tells me, "I can do it!" more than she says, "Will you help me?" A part of me is mourning, for sure.......

Why? Not only do I miss those days with my babies, but I now have to start redefining my role as a mother. A mother of a 8 year old and a 5 year old. A mother whose kids will be in school all day. What am I going to do? What does God want me to do? That is the question I am asking myself today. Are any of you in a spot in your life where your role is changing? Your purpose is no longer exactly what it used to be?

This change could definitely bog me down if not for one person. That person is Jesus. He KNOWS exactly what he has in store for me in the next few years. I am so excited to find out what that is. How, do you ask, will I know? Well, I believe if I stay focused on Him, stay in His word, and keep my eyes and heart open to doors he is opening for me, it will be made clear. That is my prayer to Him. He created me with a purpose for all parts of my life. I will still be a mother to my children. They may need me less in ways, but need me even more in others. I will wait with hope and expectancy .........and continuing serving Him, the author and creator of life.... my life, my kids' lives, your life.....How amazing.....

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" (1 Corinthians 2:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment