Saturday, August 1, 2009

Camp Adventure

I LOVE CAMP!!!! It is one of my most favorite places to be....and this year was no different. I was blessed with an amazing cabin of 12 girls, an awesome co-counselor, a fantastic Home in the Woods partner, and revisiting friends from last summer. It was a week full of fun, rain, swimming, adventures, laughs, tears, lack of sleep, walking, walking, and more walking.

I love camp for SO many reasons. This year though, I experienced something new at camp....LOVE.

For any of you who have followed my story either on here or my personal blog, you know how much I struggle to truly experience love. God reminded me just how much he does love me at CA this year. The crazy part of it is that I went to camp ready to serve and make it a great week for the campers....not expecting that God was going to stir me up so much.

I don't think I will ever be fully prepared for the way God works or the moments HE chooses to teach me more about him. He tends to use the moments when I'm not "expecting" him to dig at me that He does his best work. I truly think he uses those unexpecting moments because I am not focused on me - I'm focused on him and his guidance. Oh, how I long to be like that more and more. I long to get out of my way so that God can do his work....He's super GREAT at what he does.

Thanks Jesus for showing up unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment