Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm SO busy!!!

I'm so busy! How often do you find yourself saying this exact phrase? OR, how often does your excuse for not doing some start with these 3 words?

That was exactly how I was going to start this blog. "I'm so busy at the beginning of school that ...... blah, blah, blah." Truth be told, I haven't really known what to blog about. I have had lots on my mind: school starting, student teacher, new Bible studies, routines, running......just nothing that seemed blog worthy.

Then I was greeted this morning at church by Shannon, "I'm ready for a Dina post!" The first thing that went through my mind - see italics in previous paragraph. Then, our scripture reading from this morning really got me.

John 6:64 "For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him."
Jesus was constantly BUSY preaching and teaching about God, heaven, the Holy Spirit. He was even telling people that he knew did not believe and were going to betray him. But, regardless, he was BUSY telling them the most important information that anyone needs to know. HIM! He is it!!! He is what I should be busy with. When I am say I am busy, it shouldn't be with the things of this world - they are going to turn to dust! I should be busy with Jesus' work. "Go and make disciples...."
What are you busy with? If you're like most of us, you are busy with "stuff" and that "stuff" has not much Kingdom value. I'm challenging us ladies....let's busy ourselves with the work that Jesus has prepared each of us to do. Let's work for HIM!
REMINDER: "Stepping Up" Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 at the North Webster United Methodist Church September 8th-October 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment