Monday, August 24, 2009

Rejoice in His Blessings

Hello fellow bloggers and blog followers! How are you? I had a lot of ideas for my post this week--most of them were pretty heavy topics. So after much contemplation and a few false starts, I decided that I needed to just write a post of rejoicing. So here it goes, my list of rejoices as of today:

1. That God loves me right where I am--imperfect, grouchy with PMS, over scheduled at times, but still lovable to God.

2. That His perfect love found a way for me to be with Him-- His name is Jesus. And HIS Grace IS enough for me.

3. I am rejoicing that I am healthy. I had a little scare over the last few weeks, but all is fine! I am thankful that He still has work for me to do here on this earth and I am tackling that work head on!!

4. I rejoice in my family: My loving, funny, dependable -as -the -sun rising husband who is my best friend, my energetic and inquisitive son who still loves to snuggle, and my loquacious, sweet as pie little girl that is a spitten image of her Daddy.

5. I rejoice that my son accepted Christ as His savior on his 8th birthday!!! Hallelujah!

6. My friends..... God has blessed me with some amazing friendships. Some close by and some far away. Each special to me.

7. I rejoice in my church family and in my little town on the lake. Both blessings.

8. I am blessed with a loving extended family-- sisters, nieces, nephews, grandmothers, cousins, and of course, my parents! My in-laws are such a blessing as well. They live 5 minutes from us and are totally involved in our kids' lives.

And of course, I have to add a few funny ones to the end of my "oh so serious" list of rejoices for today.

9. That there is a Dunkin Donuts on the way to the closest large city! All I can say folks is "Bavarian Creme, please!"

10. My daughter chose Care Bears as the theme of her upcoming birthday party instead of a "Tom and Jerry party where we watch cartoons, not play games". Thank you Lord!

There are so many more things in my life that deserve mention of a "rejoice". In my prayer time, I am really trying to praise God first for all of the blessings, and not focus so much on the "These things are not going as planned, Lord!"

One of my favorite verses I have committed to memory... I hope it blesses you today as much as it has blessed me over the last few years!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!!! Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:4,6,7

No comments:

Post a Comment