Sunday, January 3, 2010

Heading into 2010

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lot of Christmas blessings! Our family sure did. We were super busy up until Christmas, but this last week has been so peaceful and relaxing. We basically stayed at home, played a lot of games (and Mariokart) together, went sledding a few times, drank a lot of hot chocolate, and just enjoyed being together and not on a schedule! (Can you believe it???:) Given my schedule-driven nature, it was a welcome change of pace for all of us.


Now that we are headed into a new year, I have spent a little time reflecting on 2009. I think it is a worthwhile exercise to sit down, invite God to join you in some quiet reflection, and not only think about your blessings over the past year, but where you could improve this coming year. Oh how my list goes on, but here are my top five of each category (in no particular order):


My biggest blessings of 2009



1. My husband: I am so thankful that God brought Jason into my life 15 years ago. I am truly amazed at his dedication to God, and to me and our children. He is supportive of me in my roles as a mother, teacher (at home) and church leader. He leads our family in a Godly way. He loves me in my "not so fine" moments, and forgives me when I nag or just am cranky. I could not ask for a better partner on this journey!


2. My children: Each of them in their own unique way makes my life extraordinary. They are full of energy, enthusiasm, questions, and emotions. I am thankful for their spiritual growth this year. It is truly a gift to be able to see God work in the hearts of your own children.


3. My friends: I have to say that I have some awesome friends, some near and some far away, who God brought me close to for a reason. I appreciate each relationship and the special perspective each one brings to me. Some of my best conversations with friends have been on long walks this year..... thank you friends for listening and for literally and figuratively walking with me!


4. My church: Over the past year, God has really made me rearrange my church commitments. Some ministries close to my heart had to be passed on, while one new big one was placed in front of me. I am thankful for my church family for blessing me and allowing me to serve God in many ways with them.


5. My God: My awesome, mighty Father. I am thankful for his never-failing presence in my life. Even when I am not at my best, He is there beckoning me back into His arms. Every moment of pure joy this year came from Him, and he was there comforting me in times of frustration and sorrow. I am blessed that He loves me.


Ok, you will have to wait until next week to find out what I need to work on in 2010. This post is getting too long!!! What were your top five blessings of 2009?


"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders You have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment