Sunday, January 17, 2010

The tears have been coming on and off since I first heard of the devastation in Haiti. I'm not sure why this has overwhelmed me so much. I have never been there. I have no connections there. I don't personally know anyone there. But, my heart aches for this nation and its people.

I have found myself in sobbing prayer many times. I find myself asking God, "WHY?" It catches me at the most random times. Watching the news, listening to music, teaching, driving somewhere. The ache in my heart just burns and tears and I can do nothing but pray.

This morning's sermon was on miracles. I find myself praying for a miracle. I truly believe that is what it will take. Haiti needs a miracle. There is only one way this can happen...GOD. And I am trusting him with this nation, these people, and this devastation.

I came home and began searching for some answers from the Word. I want to share my findings:

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." -psalm 46:10

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." -psalm 73:25-26

"Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples." -psalm 77:13-14

I wish so much that I was in a position to pick up and go. Go help. But, I am not right now. But I am always in a position to pray. To pray for a miracle....a God-sized miracle.

Precious Jesus, you know my heart. You have placed in me a need to trust you. A need to reach to you. A need to allow your Holy Spirit to intervene. Jesus I trust you are in control. I trust that your love is never-ending. I trust that you are the God who can perform miracles. I pray for miracles in Haiti. I pray for miracles in the hearts of the Haitians. I pray for comfort for the hurting, those who have lost, those who are helping, and those who are praying. May your will, your good pleasing and perfect will, be done in such a time as this. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment