Monday, June 29, 2009

Adventures Together

I am writing to you this week from the sunny state of Florida!! My parents have a house near the beach and our entire family is spending the week here. The kids are having a blast boogie boarding, building sand castles, swimming in the pool, and generally raising ruckus! The adults are all having a pretty great time too! We are so fortunate to be able to do this.




Last night, my parents and my sisters and I took all of the kids on a nature walk. My parents live on a nature preserve, so there is a lot of fun things to explore. Here are the kids getting ready to go.





They were so excited to go on adventure. Who knew what we would encounter... Frogs, alligators, rabbits, unidentifiable rodents??? It was all good though, because they had each other. Here is a picture of them setting out to see what they could see. (That's my mom trying to stay out of the picture:)





My favorite picture of the night is Caroline holding hands with her cousin Jackson. Caroline is not much of a nature girl, so this walk was a stretch for her. Towards the end of our adventure, she found comfort holding her oldest cousin's hand.




As humans, we find comfort from others, whether it is family or close friends. During our life adventures, remember that we have the ultimate comfort in Christ. He is there for us no matter what the situation. Remember to ask Him to come along for the ride!!

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afteward you will take me into glory." Psalm 73:23,24









No comments:

Post a Comment