Sunday, June 7, 2009

Let Go and Let God

School is out! I can't believe another year has come to an end. I am amazed at how time flies, how 180 days of school seems like a blur, and HOW MUCH my kids changed over the year!

For those of you that don't know, I am a 5th grade teacher. I absolutely LOVE my job! I have never doubted for a second that I was created to be a teacher. Every day is different. Sometimes every minute is different. Regardless of the day or minute, I am blessed by my job. I am blessed by my co-workers. I am blessed by parents of my students. But, most of all, I am blessed by the 10 and 11-year-olds that I get to spend 7 hours a day with.

So, what does all of that have to do with letting go?

I have decided that teaching 5th grade is tough for one reason.....my kids go to a new building the next year. I don't get to see them in the hallways at school. I don't get to "keep tabs" on each day. I pretty much have no clue what happens to them once they leave my classroom. Sure I see some of them from time to time, but not on a daily basis. I find myself worrying and wondering.

What are they doing?
Are they making good choices?
Did they learn the life lessons necessary to move on from 5th grade?
Did I make an impact on them?
Did I teach them what they need to know?
Are they okay?
Is someone loving on them?

This requires that trust to let go and let God. Trust HIM that he will be looking out for my kids. Trust HIM that he will love them always. Trust HIM that he did a work through me in their lives.

Yeah, time to let go...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for caring about kids so much - teachers like you make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina, Altho I've never seen you in the classroom, I'm sure you are an awesome teacher and are making a positive impact on all of your students. I'm sure they were put in your classroom for a reason and you did what God had planned!! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete