Monday, June 15, 2009

I LOVE SUMMER!

Summer is by far my favorite season. Thank you God for creating summertime!! Here are some of my favorite things about summer:

1. Sleeping with the windows open and hearing the frogs in the lake and the crickets in the woods.
2. The sky staying light until almost 10:00. Thank goodness for black out shades so my kids will go to sleep before then!
3. Taking slow boat rides with the kids around the lake, and then after they nag us for about 30 minutes to "Go very fast", going very fast with them on the tube and watching their little faces light up with glee!
4. J and I's anniversary! It will be 13 years on the 29th. We are going to show everyone that 13 is NOT an unlucky number!
5. Alex's birthday! He will be eight years old in August... SIGH. He is such a loving, caring, bundle of energy and questions. I adore him AND his six million questions. (and his love affair with ants.)
6. Eating strawberry shortcake. I LOVE it! My mom came today and made homemade shortcake. It rocks! She and the kids helped me pick gobs of strawberries. My favorite quote from Caroline: "MMMM, my hands smell like strawberries and I just want to EAT them!"
7. Evening cookouts with friends and their kids. It is so fun just to lounge around outside, eat, and watch the kids play.
8. Taking walks outside with girlfriends and catching up.
9. Elephant ears at the mermaid festival.
10. Thunderstorms!! (as long as their is no tornado risk... above child A inherited his fear of tornados from his mother and we retreat to our shelter at any sign of a strong wind with pillow and transistor radio in hand.)

I am so thankful that God created the Earth and its seasons. The splendor and majesty of His creation is so amazing. Take time today to stop and notice what God created for us to enjoy!!

"God saw all that he had made and it was very good." Genesis 1:31

No comments:

Post a Comment