Wednesday, June 24, 2009

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

As you know yesterday was my birthday! Had a great day! Got to eat out all three meals and had many well wishers!! I've been saying for a couple years that I'm 39 again, actually 15 years so yes, I am 54. Can't believe it!!

With that age comes some obvious issues, some good - some not so good. This past week I was sitting in the hospital with my mom and some of my siblings as we waited for my dad to get out of some day surgery which was follow up from some tests he had had. We talked about our kids and grand kids, work, the cooking shows we were watching, and then got to the subject of changes that my parents and my father especially would pro'bly need to be making in their lives. Not an easy subject. It is very strange thinking that your parents are getting to the point that they will be needing your constant help whether they want it or not.

Which leads me to my next thought, I don't know about you but at times, I worry abit about what really happens after we leave this world. I guess that is doubting and I work thru it. I think it is many times at night and my mind is playing tricks on me and I'm worried about many things...I just pray to God that He would give me a peace about all my worries, whatever they are and especially calm the storms in me. I remember Jesus' words when he told the disciples in John 14 : 1-6, "Let not your heart be troubled, You are trusting God, now trust in me. There are many homes up there where my Father lives, and I am going to prepare them for your coming, When everything is ready, then I will come and get you, so that you can always be with me where I am. If this weren't so, I would tell you plainly. And you know where I am going and how to get there." Thomas questioned and 'Jesus told him, "I am the Way --yes, and the Truth and the Life."

Jesus tells us not to be troubled and to keep our mind on him for He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life! When I think on that my mind can focus on what is important and I realize things will be alright in my day to day worries. Things are put in perspective and I know what I need to do or how to act or how to react. I am sometimes humbled and know that God is telling me what I need to change about me to do better. And also, I realize that this life is all for a reason and in the end when it is my time, Jesus will come for me and take me to heaven to live in the mansion he has prepared for me. That usually puts a calm in my spirit and a smile on my face, sometimes even tears in my eyes knowing that Jesus loves me that much. He has the words there for us to read so we can know what to do and what He will do! That's why it is so important to be constantly reading the Bible. We can trust Him and know His words are true!


Dear God, Help us here on earth when we are doubting and struggling. Show us in your Word. Help us to follow you for as long as we are here on this earth before you come for us to take us to our Heavenly home. Amen.


P.S. I read this saying one time something like 'when I get to heaven, I hope my mansion is right next to yours.' That's how I feel about you all!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post Judy. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on something that we all feel sometimes... doubt and worry about what will happen! And thank you for the reminder about how God gave us His word to encourage and strengthen us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom if I ever catch you saying you aren't good at blogging, I will hurt you...in a totally loving, Christian, and respectful way! Thanks for not being afraid to be you and for teaching me the same confidence in Christ!

    ReplyDelete