Saturday, June 6, 2009

Give Credit Where Credit is Due

This week I was talking with some ladies about the fact that we don't really give the devil enough credit. I realize that this sounds a little strange to be writing an entire post on satan, however I think it's really important to think about.

So, throughout the day do you consider the hold and power that you are allowing the devil to have in your life?

In the past week, I have been thinking a lot about Philippians 4:8...

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

If I am supposed to think and seek these things in my life, it's safe to say that Christ is all of those things. So where do my negative thoughts, my feelings of insecurity and low self esteem come from? Who is that little voice telling me, "You can't handle this, you aren't strong/good/pretty/smart enough to do this."

The devil fears who we will become when we are fully in Christ, it scares Him to think that we could have all the power and might that is in the name of God. He sneaks into our human hearts and minds to try and convince us that the grace and goodness from Jesus can't be ours.

The beauty of the truth is that we can have all the power, might, grace and goodness of God. All we have to do is open our lives to the blessings He wants to give us! Are you open? Are you acknowledging the devil's voice in your life? Are you letting God's voice speak louder? It is good to remember that satan is a part of our lives and that he does deserve credit for negative parts of our lives. But there is someone who has already claimed all the credit in the world...Praise Jesus!

God,
Thank you for sending Christ to claim the world for you. We are blessed each new day to be able to claim your name. I thank you for the consistent and loud message that you are sending to me; please help my heart to hear it. Quiet satan in my life and keep him from me. Ahmen

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mon, this spoke straight to my heart! Thanks for sharing TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about satan in our lives since we talked about it a few days ago! It is so true! I felt funny about it but not giving satan enough credit makes you forget about him. Thanks for writing about it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M- we were just talking about satan and temptation in our sunday school class this week. One of the verses we looked at was 1 Peter 5, 8-9. "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering."
    Thanks for the great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Monica, for your thoughts and words! I'm sorry to say that I have let Satan have an influence on my life many times, not really knowing he was. It is so easy to let your thoughts especially about yourself go there... I pray that I can 'be self-controlled and alert' and think on the 'good things' of God's grace. Alleluyah!!!

    ReplyDelete